Seven Traits of Successful eCommerce Websites
Although it would be nice if it did, the classic saying, "If you build it, they will come" does not apply to websites. And even when visitors do come, they need a reason to stay and an even greater reason to buy.
So how do you make your shop the best it can be? Besides letting Hulaweb help, here's a list of key elements that make up a successful eCommerce website:
- Credibility and Trust
Easily Accessible Customer Service Information
- Satisfaction Guarantee
- Assurances - logos, awards
- Security Assurances - logos, symbols, "Hacker Safe"
- Years in Business
- Shipping Policy
- A customer must know you're there for them and easily accessible. This information must be prominently displayed to gain a customer's confidence.
Ease of Navigation
- Use product descriptions and images that are unique to your site. Avoid using manufacturer supplied product descriptions wherever possible to avoid duplicate content issues that hurt your rankings in search engines.
Well Represented, Clear Product Images
- Logical and Shallow Product Taxonomy
- Ease of Checkout (Low number of steps)
"No Results Page" That Offers Similar Products for Sale
- Blurry or tiny images won't sell your product
Good Search Engine Optimization
- No products found---"How about these instead?"
- Accurate Page Titles
- Product Descriptions Optimized for Search